Jansson family jumpin'.....

fredag 17 juni 2011

Summertime!

Summer in Sweden is like I remembered it. I walked the dog the other night, at 9.30 pm in the sight the wheat and canola fields coloured by the redness of the setting sun, the blackbird accompanying the scenery. I have missed this sooooo much being away for 14 years! And to think I live right in it is just overwhelming! I plucked a bouquet of early summer flowers to bring home. There were never this many wild flowers in the US. I am not sure I have realized that until now.

Another thing we have here, that the US doesn´t have is Allemansrätten. In English the official translation reads The right of public access. This means that you have the right to walk through other peoples property, unless it is a fenced private yard. So you may walk through and also pick flowers and mushrooms etc. in the forest and fields everywhere (some restrictions apply). Wonderful! The accessibility of nature is really something!

I miss Illinois climate though. A climate where an outdoor event in all likelyhood can be planned and held. Here, you always need a plan B for outdoor events. In April we had 80 F. or 24 C, this week we have a mere 55 F or 16 C and the rain is supposed to hang over us for a week. Ugh. I love hot and humid weather , Andreas is happy we have Swedish climate though.

This week is the first week off. I am on Maternity leave! YAY! The leave is valid until the child turns 8, so I am off all Summer with the kids. This week we have been home all week. Re-organized furniture, cleaned out closets and toys, went to the dump one day with stuff, gave away other stuff and cleaned cleaned cleaned! The kids love it! They really want to be helpful so they have also done a lot of work with me. We have been re-organizing in preparation of something I might tell you in a later blog. Keep praying for us!

Noah went to spend a day in his new school before it ended, and he loves it! I think his life will be so much easier when he starts there! Things are looking better! I love life! I love God. He´s so cool.

The kids and I are making Swedish cardamom rolls to fill the freezer for Summer fun!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar