Jansson family jumpin'.....

onsdag 19 december 2012

2012 in review

 

Another year has almost come to an end. For some it is nostalgic to look back, maybe sad that another year is over. I always think this is a time to look forward. However we might feel, it is here. And it is real, and it is happening.

I can not fathom how lucky I am. Or more precisely, how blessed I am! We live in a fabulous country (there is no Utopia). I have a chance to go to school, paid, we have everything we need in abundance! We even have something a lot of people around the globe unfortunately lack today, safety. Safety is nothing one should take for granted, neither is it something we can control. Not fully.

I have a lot of friends from different countries living here in Lund (Sweden). They comment sometimes that here they can actually allow their kids to play outside without constant supervision. It is something we, as Swedes, do take for granted I think. It is a fabulous thing to be able to do that. Yet, in most countries around the globe it is not possible. In Sweden we have very few abductions, very  few killings and very few guns. My heart goes out to Connecticut, and again I can´t help but feeling blessed. I am so greatful for my life, and for safety.

During 2012 I continued my studies to become a Special education teacher. I love being back in school! During the school breaks we went skiing. First we stayed with Farmor and Farfar (grandparents) to ski during the winter break. Then we headed towards the Alps and our good friends in Geneva, Switzerland for some more skiing during the Easter break! It was wonderful to be able to take the kids to all those places we visited living there for 6 years as newly married. Noah got to see where he was born and he loved it! And to take the kids up some real slopes! Wow!

The Summer break started off a bit sad. My father moved to his real home, heaven. He had been sick for a while so it was not unexpected, but still very hard to see him go. He was a great man, in many senses.

The Summer was spent mostly at home, we made a few shorter trips, but with a pool and a 15 minute drive to the beach, there is no real reason to go away during summer! Our dear friends from our time in Geneva, Jennifer and Henrik Nissen with Tobias and Amelie and Liz Prosser came to stay with us for a few days. They managed to time their visit very well as we had almost 30 C (85-90F) degree weather the entire time! We sat outside until midnight and went to a couple of different beaches, but most of all, we were able to catch up! And the kids had fun too!

Fall break was spent at home too, maybe next year we will take our new camper out! Fall means cheaper campers, so we found one we loved and got it! Haven´t been able to try it yet, but we look forward to doing so in the spring! Andreas got to visit Japan for the first time in the fall. He brought back some new outfits for the kids!

I have almost never been away from my family. Living in the US there weren´t really anywhere for me to go without them. But this fall I caught up! I went to London with my sister and niece, to Stockholm with my best friend, and to Eastbourne, England with two dear friends! I love living in Sweden! (could have a better climate, but otherwize.....). Andreas took good care of the crew during my absence.

And now we are in a time of Advent. We just said goodbye to Andreas´ grandmother who moved to her heavenly home last week at an age of 99! With Christmas around the corner, we would like to wish you peaceful one, and happy and prosperous new year! And keep Christ in Christmas!

With much love, Jennifer and Andreas Jansson and the below gang! Keep in touch!



 

 
 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar